Cangshan OLIV Series 501646 High Carbon 9-Inch Honing Steel
The OLIV Series offers a modern update of the traditional European aesthetic featuring a robust handle crafted from solid olivewood.
- The 9-inch Honing Steel features a half-grooved and half-smooth finish. The grooved, coarse side of the steel is used for regular maintenance, to realign the microscopic teeth on the blade’s edge. The smooth, fine side of the steel is used to finish the edge with a few swipes of the blade after honing on the grooved side. For average use, the grooved side can be used weekly and the smooth side, daily. Regularly honed knives will retain their edges longer before needing to be sharpened.
- Features a robust handle, crafted from solid olive wood with a stunning wood grain, making every piece unique.
- Handcrafted, full-tang knives forged from fine-grained, Swedish 14C28N Steel, which features excellent stain resistance, and holds an edge up to five times longer than German steel.
- Each blade goes through our proprietary ULTRA6 heat treatment for incredible strength and durability, scoring a 59 +/-2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale.
- Lifetime Warranty against defects in materials and/or craftsmanship.