J Series 7-Inch Nakiri Vegetable Knife, Forged X-7 Damascus Steel, 62748
The J Series is a testament to the beauty of expert hand craftsmanship. This unique patented handle is made from rich ultra-dense African blackwood which perfectly accommodates a natural or firm pinch grip. Each knife comes with a magnetic American walnut wood Saya-style sheath used to protect the knife in between uses. Our knives are well-balanced, and seamlessly crafted allowing for heavy kitchen use and easy clean-up.
- Hand-crafted knives Forged from 67 Layers of special formula Cangshan X-7 Damascus Steel for incredible durability, stain resistance, and exceptional edge retention. 2017 Red Dot Design Award Winner, IDEA Award Finalist, 2018 German Design Award Winner. USPTO Patented Design.
- Each blade goes through an (ultra6) stage heat treatment ensuring every blade maintains its strength and function. Hand sharpened to a 16-degree angle per side.
- Well-balanced 5.5" handle and 7" blade with HRC 60 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale. Includes a fitted dark Walnut wood magnetic Saya-style sheath to protect the knife blade. Handcrafted by skilled bladesmiths, each precisely balanced knife pairs exceptional performance with timeless design.
- Kiritsuke knives feature a straight edge for vegetables, and a long blade for slicing fish with ease. The user must be highly skilled with traditional Japanese knives to utilize this unique kiritsuke style design and single-edged blade properly. Strong magnets are embedded into the edge of the Saya sheath to hold onto the knife's spine—an innovative and stylish way to protect your blades and fingers.
- NSF International Certified. Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects. Wash knives with warm water and a little detergent, rinse carefully, and dry with a towel.